- 1kg baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g duck fat
- 1 garlic head, cloves separated
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring them to the boil over high heat and cook until just starting to soften (8 to 10 minutes).
- Drain immediately and return potatoes to the pot.
- Shake the pot vigorously to roughen the edges of the potatoes.
- Heat duck fat in the oven until it’s very hot (about 4 to 5 minutes) in a large roasting pan (large enough to hold potatoes in a single layer).
- Add potatoes, garlic and rosemary to pan. Shake carefully to coat in duck fat. Season generously.
- Roast potatoes until dark golden and crispy (25 to 30 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter