- 1 large lemon
- 450g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2,5cm pieces
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 340g shelled and deveined prawns
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 375g whole-wheat spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Heat a large covered pot of water to boiling; add 1 teaspoon of salt. From the lemon, grate 1 teaspoon of peel and squeeze ¼ cup of juice.
- In a bowl, toss asparagus, 2 teaspoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Place on a baking tray. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Chop garlic, mint and basil separately.
- In the bowl in which you tossed the asparagus, put the prawns, garlic, lemon peel, paprika and half the mint, and stir to coat. Push the asparagus to one side of tray; arrange prawns on other side. Roast for 5 minutes or until prawns are opaque.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add asparagus and prawns. Toss with lemon juice, basil, reserved cooking water, 2 teaspoons of oil, ⅛ teaspoon of salt and remaining mint until well coated.
Each Serving About 1 904kJ, 33g protein, 74g carbohydrate, 8g total fat (1g saturated), 14g fibre, 129mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter