- Sliced baguette or ciabatta
- Olive oil
- Baby tomatoes
- Ricotta cheese
- Sea salt
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Slice baguettes or ciabatta, brush slices with olive oil and toast on each side on the braai. Remove from braai and set aside.
- Toss baby tomatoes with olive oil in a bowl, then transfer to a mesh braai basket on the braai. Once they start to hiss and split, remove them and place them back in the olive oil. Give them a good seasoning and toss around the bowl. (You want the juices to emulsify with the olive oil.)
- Smear ricotta cheese on bread slices. (Cream cheese works well too.)
- Invite guests to pop their own tomatoes onto their crostini or plate them up yourself.
- Season with sea salt and scatter with fresh thyme leaves.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter