- 50g to 100g steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 tube of garlic butter
Recipe DirectionsThis recipe works equally well with fillet, sirloin or rib-eye steak. Braai temperature very hot coals
- Make a very hot fire.
- Bring the steak to room temperature 20 minutes before the braai. If there’s a lot of blood or juice in the packaging when you remove the steak, wash the meat under cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Braai the steak on very hot coals for a total of 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the meat between one and three times in total, and make sure both sides have faced downwards for roughly the same length of time.
- Remove the steak from the grid and place it on a cutting board.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then slice it into strips. Try to slice at a 45° angle, as this allows you to cut across the grain of the meat.
- Pile the strips on a serving platter and grind salt and pepper over the meat to taste.
- Drop teaspoon-sized pieces of butter all over the meat. The butter will melt into the meat and add to the taste.
- Serve immediately.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter