Recipe IngredientsNext time you're staring at a refrigerator drawer full of veggies, grab a baking tray and put them in the oven. They'll come out caramelised and tastier than you can imagine. Add a protein, like pork sausages or drumsticks, to make it a meal!
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 120g halved mushrooms
- 120g asparagus
- 120g whole green beans
- 700g chicken pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Make rub: Combine 2 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin and ½ tsp pepper.
- On 1 large rimmed baking tray, toss 2 tbsp olive oil, one-third of rub and ½tsp salt with hearty veggies (450g potatoes + 230g carrots +120g Brussels sprouts + 120g onion). Roast for 10 minutes.
- On another baking tray, toss 2 tsp olive oil and one-third rub with tender veggies (120g halved mushrooms + 120g asparagus, cut up + 120g whole green beans). Push to one side of the pan.
- On the other side, arrange protein (700g chicken pieces). Sprinkle with remaining rub. Season tender veggies and protein with ½ tsp salt.
- Roast both pans for 20 to 35 minutes or until protein is cooked and all veggies are tender.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter