- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup reduced-fat cream
- 450g thin asparagus, trimmed and cut at an angle into 4cm pieces
- 500g fresh fettuccine or 450g dried fettuccine
- 560g skinless, deboned salmon fillet, cut into 4cm chunks
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. Into a small bowl, finely grate 1 tablespoon of lemon peel. Stir in cream. Into another small bowl, squeeze 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Cut remaining lemon into wedges.
3. lf using fresh pasta, add asparagus to boiling water in pot. Cook for 1 minute, then add fettuccine. Cook for 1 minute less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally. (lf using dried pasta: add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook for 3 minutes less than minimum time required, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.) Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Transfer asparagus and pasta to colander; leave cooking water in pot.
4. Add salmon to pot. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout. Drain carefully; set aside.
5. Add pasta, cream mixture, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper to same pot. Cook for 1 minute or until pasta is al dente and well coated, stirring. If mixture seems dry, toss with reserved pasta cooking water. Top with Parmesan and salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.