- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small head red cabbage (900g), cored and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 85g blackberries
- 4 pieces skinless centre-cut salmon fillets (140g each)
- parsley leaves, for garnish
Tip: Blackberries add a rich, almost wine-like flavour – and a healthy dose of ﬁbre – to this colourful vitamin C- and omega-3-packed dinner.
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes or until just tender, stirring. Add cabbage and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until just starting to wilt, stirring.
- Add wine and vinegar. Heat to boiling. Cover; simmer on medium for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in blackberries and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill. Line a baking tray with foil. Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper on top of the salmon. Transfer to baking tray. Grill for 7 minutes or until just opaque throughout.
- Divide cabbage among serving plates; top with salmon and parsley.
Each Serving About 1 400kJ, 35g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (2g saturated), 6g fibre, 90mg cholesterol.