- 100g frozen peas
- 15 cream crackers (about 125g)
- 2 x 180g cans skinless and boneless salmon, drained
- 1 medium egg, separated few drops Tabasco, to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet-chilli sauce
- Put the peas in a bowl, cover them with boiling water and leave for a few minutes. Meanwhile, put five of the cream crackers into a food processor and whiz until fine. Tip onto a shallow plate and set aside for the coating. Next, whizz the remaining whole crackers until fine. Add the salmon, egg yolk, Tabasco, dill and plenty of seasoning to the food processor and whizz again until combined. Drain the peas and add to the salmon mixture, then pulse briefly to combine.
- Put the egg white into a shallow bowl and whisk lightly with a fork to break it up. Shape the fish mixture into four patties, dip each into egg white, then coat in the reserved cracker crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the fishcakes for 5 minutes on each side until golden and piping hot.
- Meanwhile stir together the mayonnaise and sweet-chilli sauce in a small bowl. Serve the fishcakes with the dipping sauce and a green salad.
EACH SERVING 1567 kJ, 22g fat (4g saturated), 23g carbohydrates (3g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter