- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1,5cm cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 170g baby spinach
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 pieces skinless centre-cut salmon fillets (150g each)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes, water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover with clingwrap and pierce; microwave on high for 9 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through. Add spinach; re-cover and microwave for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle cayenne pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt on salmon. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan on medium, cook salmon for 10 minutes or until knife pierces centre easily, turning over halfway through. Transfer to a plate. Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest onto fish; squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into a cup.
- To frying pan, add wine and capers. Boil on high for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, scraping browned bits from pan. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Divide potato mixture among plates; top with fish. Spoon sauce over fish.
Each serving About 1 260kJ, 31g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (1g saturated), 4g fibre, 78mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter