- 3 tbsp dark-brown sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces centre-cut, skin-on salmon fillet (170g each)
- Prepare grill or braai for direct grilling on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, stir sugar, juice, paprika, cumin and paprika until sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle . teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper on flesh side of salmon.
- Grill or braai salmon, skin-side up, for 4 minutes, then carefully turn the salmon over.
- Brush sugar mixture over salmon. Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque throughout, continuously brushing sugar mixture over salmon.
- Carefully remove salmon from grill or braai by sliding a long, thin spatula between flesh and skin. Discard skin.
Each Serving About 1 339kJ, 39g protein, 12g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (2g saturated), 0g fibre, 108mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium.
Tip: We use skin-on salmon fillets to help us get the caramelised fish off the grill or braai after cooking. When the skin sticks, the fish separates from it and lifts off easily. If you like to eat the salmon skin, simply use a spatula to remove it from the grill or braai grid.