- 120g castor sugar
- 250g cake flour
- 120g butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 310g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 cups cream
- 1/2 to 1 tsp coarse salt, for sprinkling
- 50g melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Mix castor sugar, flour and butter in a food processor until crumbly. Add egg yolks and mix until pastry is formed.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to 3mm thickness and place in a springform pan. Prick base and return to fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Place baking paper over pastry and weigh it down with baking/coffee beans, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove baking paper and weights, and bake for a further 10 minutes or so until golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place brown sugar, butter and cream in a pot and cook until the butter is melted and the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Pour into pastry base and sprinkle coarse salt over caramel.
- When cooled, drizzle chocolate over caramel.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter