- 500ml Orley Whip, chilled
- 1 tin Nestlé condensed milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the Orley Whip with an electric beater until firm.
2. Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence, and carry on mixing.
3. Add the salt.
4. Scoop the contents into a plastic or enamel dish (pretty enough to be used for serving later on) and freeze overnight. If the container doesn’t come with a lid, cover with clingfilm.
TIPS: When children have friends over: Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on top before freezing. To make a cassata: Into the ice-cream mixture, stir a combination of two cups of chopped glacé figs and cherries, as well as blanched almonds. Freeze as normal. Enjoy!