- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 240ml fish stock
- 680g peeled, deveined prawns (about 16 to 20)
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp Louisiana-style hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1½ cups white rice, cooked
1. In a 5ℓ pot, melt butter on medium. Add celery, green pepper, onion and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft, scraping up browned bits. Stir in fish stock. Heat to simmering on high.
3. Add prawns, Worcester sauce and hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice with additional hot sauce, if desired.