- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 450g prawns, shelled and deveined
- cooked basmati rice or toasted nan, for serving
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots, curry powder, cumin and ½ tsp black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomato sauce, cayenne pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- To frying pan, add prawns. Cook for 3 minutes or until prawns are just opaque, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice or nan and garnish with coriander.