- 550g large prawns, shelled and deveined
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (410g) black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Sprinkle prawns with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium for 1 minute. Add prawns and cook for about 6 minutes or until they turn opaque throughout, stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile, from lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
3. Transfer prawns to a small bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. In the same frying pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil on medium for 1 minute. Add onion and red pepper, and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 1 minute. Add beans, lime zest and juice, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon black-bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates. Top with prawns and any liquid in bowl; sprinkle with chopped coriander.
EACH SERVING About 1 010kJ, 29g protein, 24g carbohydrate, 5g total fat (1g saturated), 8g fibre, 172mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium.