- 600g large prawns, deveined and shelled salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (400g) black beans
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Sprinkle prawns with 1/4 tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on medium for 1 minute. Add prawns and cook for about 6 minutes or until prawns turn opaque throughout, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 2 tbsp juice from the lime. Set aside.
- Transfer prawns to a small bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. In the same frying pan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium for 1 minute. Add onion and red pepper, and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add black beans, lime zest and juice, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon black-bean mixture onto 4 plates, then top with prawns and any liquid in bowl. Sprinkle with coriander.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter