- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups cold cooked spaghetti or other long pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped raw vegetables (any combo of carrots, cucumbers, red bell peppers or mangetout)
- 1/2 cup cubed tofu or 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame or peas
- 2 spring onions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
Creamy meets crunchy in one bowl in this recipe from Katie Sullivan Morford, author, of Best Lunch Box Ever (Chronicle Books)
- Whisk together peanut butter, soya sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and 1 tbsp water until smooth.
- Using tongs, add noodles to the bowl and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
- Add veg, tofu and onions, and toss again until evenly coated.
TIP: Adjust for individual tastes: leave out veggies as desired, or swap the tofu for chicken.