- 4 plump chicken breasts
- 100g goat’s cheese
- 45ml fresh herbs, chopped
- grated rind and juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g streaky bacon
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cut a slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Combine the goat’s cheese, herbs, lemon rind and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cheese mixture among the chicken breasts and stuff the pockets. Place the bacon flat on a working surface and run the back of a knife along the bacon, allowing it to stretch.
- Wrap each breast with two rashers of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Brown the breasts in a frying pan, then place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter