- 550g cake flour
- pinch of salt
- 350g unsalted
- butter, cut into pieces
- 250g caster sugar
- cold water, to bind
- 60g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 60g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 5 granadillas, halved
- 80ml shop-bought granadilla juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter and rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar and work it until a dough forms, using a sprinkle of cold water to bind.
4. Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
5. Divide into three, roll each portion into a fat sausage shape, wrap each with clingfilm and freeze until needed.
6. Remove one of the three dough portions from the freezer and allow it to thaw slightly.
7. Slice into 12 rounds and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
8. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 12 to 15 minutes until slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool
10. For the sauce, scoop out the pulp and seeds from the granadillas and add to a food processor with the juice and caster sugar. Whizz for 60 seconds until blended. Pour through muslin into a jug and chill until needed.
11. Put 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into each serving bowl, top each with a couple of cookies and drizzle with granadilla sauce.