- 1,3kg medium beetroots, trimmed, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted-sesame oil
- ½ cup roasted, salted pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Toss beetroot with oil and . tsp salt, and spread out in single layers on 2 large, rimmed baking trays. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender, switching pans on racks halfway through. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss cucumber with ¼tsp salt and transfer to a colander to drain.
- Next, toss cucumber with vinegar, sesame oil and ¼ tsp black pepper until well coated, then fold in beetroot. Place on a platter and top with pistachios.
EACH SERVING About 650kJ, 4g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 11g fat (1g saturated), 4g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter