- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 2kg), trimmed of excess fat
- 450g thin carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 450g parsnips, quartered lengthwise
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 160°C. In a small bowl, combine garlic, coriander, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper; rub all over lamb. Roll lamb into a cylinder. With butcher’s twine, tie lamb at 5cm intervals to hold its shape. Place on a rack fitted into a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 250°C. On another large rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, parsnips and leeks with oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Roast vegetables with lamb for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the lamb is cooked as desired, stirring vegetables once.
- Meanwhile, on a cutting board, combine pistachios, mint, parsley and lemon zest and chop finely. Reserve 1/4 vegetables, 1/4 lamb and 2 tbsp pistachio gremolata. Slice remaining lamb and serve with vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining gremolata.
EACH SERVING About 1 590kJ, 37g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 16g fat (5g saturated), 6g fibre, 715mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter