- 100g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g skinned smoked fish (we used mackerel)
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices (about 150g) rye bread
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Put the cream cheese into a food processor. Add the skinned smoked fish, lemon zest and some seasoning. Pulse briefly until well combined but still with some texture. Empty into a bowl.
- Cut each slice of bread into 9 equal pieces. Use a knife to smear fish pâté on each piece. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and chives.
PER CANAPÉ 176kJ, 3g fat (1g saturated), 3g carbohydrate (0,1g total sugars).
GET AHEAD Assemble canapés up to 4 hours ahead, cover and keep in the fridge. Alternatively, prepare to end of step 1 up to 2 days ahead. Cover and chill mixture. Complete recipe to serve.