- 12 large eggs
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, crumbled
- 110g sliced smoked salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 900g assorted tomatoes, sliced
- 6 mini bagels, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, with fork, beat eggs, cream and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend well.
- In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, melt margarine or butter on medium. Add egg mixture to frying pan and cook, stirring with spatula until eggs are almost cooked (6 to 8 minutes). Fold in cream cheese and salmon. Cook for 1 minute longer or until egg mixture is set but still moist, stirring.
- Place eggs on serving platter. Sprinkle onion, capers and dill over eggs. Garnish with tomatoes and serve with mini bagels.
Each serving About 1 300kJ, 20g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 18g total fat (7g saturated), 1g fibre, 391mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter