- 3 x 300g rump steak, fat trimmed
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, plus extra to serve
- salt and pepper
- ½ small red or white cabbage, finely shredded
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
YOU’LL ALSO NEED
- 12 wooden or metal skewers (if yours are wooden, soak them in water for 10 minutes before using)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut each steak lengthways into 4 thick strips (to make 12 strips in total) and put into a bowl. Stir through the smoked paprika, barbecue sauce and some seasoning. Thread strips onto skewers, arrange on a baking tray and pour over any spare sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes for medium meat (or for longer/shorter if you prefer).
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the cabbage, yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley and plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
3. Serve the skewers (drizzled with any juices that are left on the baking tray) with the coleslaw, some extra barbecue sauce and bread rolls or roasted sweet-potato wedges, if you like.
EACH SERVING 1 570kJ, 52g protein, 15g fat (5g saturated), 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars), 2g fibre.