- 110g chopped pancetta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 450g spaghetti, cooked
- Parsley and additional pecorino
- In an ovenproof 25cm frying pan, cook 110g chopped pancetta in 2 tsp olive oil on medium for 6 minutes or until crispy, stirring often.
- Add 3 medium shallots, chopped; cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- In a large bowl, whisk 6 large eggs, 1 cup low-fat milk, 1/3 cup grated pecorino, 1/4 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper; add 450g spaghetti, cooked, and pancetta mixture, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to same pan. Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes or until egg has set.
- Garnish with parsley and additional pecorino. Serves 6.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter