- Shortcrust or puff pastry
- 230g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 60g thinly sliced Serrano ham
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese
- 4 cups micro-leaf salad
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- Cut out a large round from a roll of shortcrust or puff pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Stir together 230g reduced-fat cream cheese, softened, with 1/4 tsp smoked paprika; spread on crust, leaving a 5cm rim.
- Top with 60g thinly sliced Serrano ham. Fold in edge of crust; top with 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese.
- Bake in a 220°C oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top is browning too quickly.)
- Toss 4 cups micro-leaf salad with 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar or sherry vinegar; serve atop galette. Serves 4.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter