- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked or plain paprika
- 500g potatoes, washed, parboiled and thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped crispy bacon (optional)
- 2 tbsp green olives, chopped
- extra butter, if needed
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 eggs, beaten
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan with the olive oil. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic and paprika, and cook gently till the onion is soft. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook gently for 5 minutes, adding a drop of water if the potatoes look as though they might stick.
- Scatter the bacon over the potatoes, if using, followed by the olives. Add a little more butter to the pan, if needed.
- Mix the herbs into the beaten eggs and pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Cook gently till the base of the omelette is golden and the top has almost set. Place a large dinner plate over the pan and flip the omelette over. Slide it back into the pan for a few minutes to finish it off.
- Slide the omelette out of the pan onto a serving plate, slice and serve with a gorgeous salad with everything in it!
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter