- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 medium sweet potato (340g), peeled and chopped
- 1 large red pepper (230g to 280g)
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 piece (7cm) peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cans (400g each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 skinless hake ﬁllets (110g each)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine barley and 3 cups water. Cover with cling wrap and pierce; microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir in the sweet potato. Cover with cling wrap and pierce; microwave on high for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, chop red pepper, slice spring onions and grate ginger; reserve 2 tablespoons onions for garnish. In a bowl, combine remaining spring onions, red pepper, ginger and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Coat with olive-oil cooking spray.
- Heat a 30cm frying pan on medium-high. Add the pepper mixture. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Add curry powder; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Nestle hake in tomato mixture, cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until hake turns opaque throughout.
- Serve the hake mixture over the barley and sweet potato. Garnish with spring onions.