- 450g whole-wheat pasta shells
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (290g to 340g), finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 450g lamb mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 can (800g) chopped tomatoes
- 5 sprigs mint, plus leaves for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Heat a large covered pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook pasta according to instructions on label.
2. Meanwhile, in a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion, garlic and 1⁄8 teaspoon salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring.
3. Stir in lamb, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chilli flakes and 1⁄8 teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring. Drain fat.
4. Stir in tomatoes and mint sprigs; simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to drain shells.
5. Drain shells; return to pot. Stir in lamb sauce. Discard mint sprigs. Top with Pecorino; garnish with mint leaves.
Each Serving About 2 270kJ, 31g protein, 72g carbohydrate, 17g total fat (7g saturated), 10g fibre, 63mg cholesterol.