- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (120g to 170g), chopped
- 2 medium baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 450g salsa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 250g passata or tomato purée
- 9 lasagne sheets
- 1 can low-fat refried beans
- 250g grated Monterey Jack, Tussers or Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh coriander leaves
1. Preheat oven to 205°C. Spray a shallow 2l baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in baby marrows, salsa, corn and chilli powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until baby marrows are al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. On bottom of prepared dish, spread half of the tomato sauce. Arrange 2 lasagne sheets in a single layer. Top with half of the beans and half of the vegetables. Arrange 2 more lasagne sheets in a single layer. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining sauce, lasagne sheets, beans and vegetables. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and sheets are tender.
5. Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes. Top with coriander and serve.
Each Serving About 1 540kJ, 18g protein, 41g carbohydrate, 15g total fat (8g saturated), 7g fibre, 34mg cholesterol.