- 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 baby marrow, grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Process lentils, oats, nuts, egg, onion and cumin in a food processor until well combined. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in carrot and baby marrow. Form into 6 flattened patties. Coat in breadcrumbs and chill.
- Heat oil on a medium heat and fry patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side, until golden. Serve on rolls with mayo or spicy sauce and lettuce.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter