- olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5ml crushed garlic
- 15ml mild or medium curry powder
- 5ml ground coriander
- 5ml ground ginger
- 5ml turmeric
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 800g chicken, beef, veal or lamb cubes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 350g green beans, sliced into 3cm lengths
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the curry powder, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cardamom and chilli (if using), and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of meat to the curry mixture and brown it. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix through.
- Add the red pepper, green beans and sweet-potato cubes.
- Transfer everything to a pressure cooker and cook for 45 to 60 minutes. Season to taste.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter