- 1/2 cup Korean red-pepper paste (gochujang) or a mix of chillies, sugar and soya sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g beef topside, cut against grain into very thin 5cm-long slices
- 340g medium shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 140g baby spinach
- 6 cups cooked white rice, hot
- thinly sliced spring onions, grated carrots, kimchi and sesame seeds for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk red-pepper paste, sesame oil, soya sauce, sugar, garlic and 1/4 cup water until smooth; set aside 1/2 cup sauce. To bowl with remaining sauce, add beef and a pinch of salt, tossing to coat. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Add beef to pressure cooker pot along with mushrooms. Cover, lock and bring up to pressure on high. Reduce heat to medium low, maintaining pressure. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, toss cucumber with vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside.
- Release pressure by using the quick-release function. Divide spinach among 6 serving bowls; top each with 1 cup rice. Drain cucumbers. Top rice with beef, mushrooms, cucumbers, spring onions, carrots, kimchi and sesame seeds; drizzle with reserved sauce.