- 450g sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chilli pepper, thinly sliced, or ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a large covered pot of salted water to boiling on high. Add sugar snap peas; cook for 3 minutes or until almost tender. Drain well and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Let cool completely, then drain very well. Pat peas dry.
- In a 25cm frying pan, heat oil, garlic and chilli on medium-low until garlic is golden, stirring frequently. Add peas and cook until just warm. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and ½ tsp salt. Garnish with parsley.
- EACH SERVING: About 460kJ, 3g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 7g fat (1g saturated), 3g fibre, 250mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter