3 small peeled sweet potatoes
5 strips cooked bacon
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
9 large eggs
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp each salt and pepper
1 tbsp water
2 spring onions
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel 48 wide strips lengthwise from 2 small peeled sweet potatoes.
- Chop remaining potato into 1cm pieces (1½ cups in total).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chopped potato and 1 tbsp water.
- Cover; microwave on high for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Line each muffin cup with 4 overlapping potato strips to make a crust; divide chopped potato among cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk 9 large eggs, ½ tsp chilli powder and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Stir in 5 strips cooked bacon, chopped; ½ cup crumbled feta cheese; and 2 spring onions, sliced.
- Divide egg mixture among prepared cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
EACH SERVING About 900kJ, 14g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 13g fat (5g saturated), 1g fibre, 455mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter