- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp canola oil450g pork mince
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 medium shallots,
- thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tbsp lime juice (4 limes)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups cabbage,
- finely chopped
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 punnet baby tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1. Cook noodles as label instructs. Rinse with cold water. Using shears, snip noodles. Drain.
2. In a 25cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add mince. Sprinkle with pepper and 1 tbsp fish sauce. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up with the back of a spoon. Add shallots and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, remaining 4 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp water. Add noodles, mince mixture, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, coriander and mint, tossing to combine. Serve, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
EACH SERVING About 1 930kJ, 27g protein, 71g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (2g saturated), 5g fibre, 67mg cholesterol