- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, pitted, peeled
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
- 140g baby spinach
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (400g) white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans tuna (170g each) in brine, drained well
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, oil, water, mustard, half of avocado, cayenne pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt. Purée until smooth, scraping container occasionally. Stir in parsley and chives.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, celery, pepper, beans and tuna with dressing. Divide among serving plates.
- Thinly slice remaining avocado half and arrange on top of salads.
Each Serving About 1 170kJ, 20g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 11g total fat (2g saturated), 10g fibre, 24mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter