- 3 red peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g baby squid, cleaned, body cut into rings (leave the tentacles whole, if using)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40g roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Meanwhile, cut the flesh of the peppers into thick strips. Put the strips into a bowl and toss through a little of the oil. Lay the peppers on the hot griddle, skin-side down, and cook (without moving them too much) until they start to blacken and blister. Turn the strips over and cook on the other side, then tip into a large serving bowl or platter.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the empty griddle to a high heat. In the empty pepper bowl, toss the squid with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Add to the griddle and cook for 1 minute, turning occasionally. Do this in batches if necessary to prevent overcrowding.
- To the red-pepper serving bowl or platter add the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, mint, rocket, squid and dressing. Toss together and serve with crusty bread, if you like.