- 3 red peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g baby squid, cleaned, body cut into rings (leave the tentacles whole, if using)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40g roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Meanwhile, cut the flesh of the peppers into thick strips. Put the strips into a bowl and toss through a little of the oil. Lay the peppers on the hot griddle, skin-side down, and cook (without moving them too much) until they start to blacken and blister. Turn the strips over and cook on the other side, then tip into a large serving bowl or platter.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the empty griddle to a high heat. In the empty pepper bowl, toss the squid with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Add to the griddle and cook for 1 minute, turning occasionally. Do this in batches if necessary to prevent overcrowding.
- To the red-pepper serving bowl or platter add the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, mint, rocket, squid and dressing. Toss together and serve with crusty bread, if you like.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter