- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small strips
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer layer discarded, sliced
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- 450g pork mince
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce, plus more for serving
- sriracha mayo
- 4 (10cm-long) soft rolls, split and lightly toasted
- coriander sprigs and sliced
- jalapeño chillies, for garnish
- In a 2ℓ pot, heat vinegar and ¼ cup water to simmering on medium. Remove from heat; add sweet potato and carrots. Let vegetables mixture cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat grill on medium. In a food processor, pulse mint, garlic, shallot, lemongrass and fish sauce until finely chopped, stopping and scraping occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl along with pork and 1 tbsp sriracha; mix just until well combined. Divide and shape into 16 meatballs. Grill, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- While meatballs cook, spread sriracha mayo on insides of rolls. Drain sweet potato and carrots; add to rolls along with meatballs, coriander and jalapeños.
Stir ⅓ cup mayonnaisewith 2 tbsp sriracha until well blended.