- 2 sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 230g parsnips, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp refrigerated pesto
1. Season 2 sirloin steaks, trimmed, with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; cook on a grill pan on medium to high for 4 minutes per side for a medium-cooked steak. Transfer to a cutting board; let it stand for 5 minutes.
2. Place 230g parsnips, thinly sliced, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl; cover with pierced cling film. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until very tender.
3. Spray a large pot with cooking spray; cook 1 bunch kale, chopped; 2 cloves garlic, chopped; and 1/4 tsp salt on medium for 5 minutes or until stems are tender.
4. Transfer parsnips to a food processor along with 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained. Pulse until combined but still chunky, scraping occasionally; stir into kale along with 1/8 tsp
salt. Heat through.
5. Thinly slice steak; top with 2 tbsp refrigerated pesto. Serve with the parsnip-and-bean mash.
EACH SERVING: About 2 200kJ, 43g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 18g fat (5g saturated), 20g fibre.