- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g sirloin steak, trimmed and thinly sliced into 5cm-long pieces
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup water
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- ⅔ cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups (about 100g) rocket
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high until hot, but not smoking. Sprinkle beef with ⅛ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add to frying pan; cook for 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a medium plate. To same pan, add onion and water. Cook for 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- To pan, add red wine and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring occasionally. Return beef to frying pan along with any accumulated juices. Cook for 1 minute or until beef is heated through.
- To serve, divide rocket among four plates. Top with beef mixture.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter