- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ¼ tsp dried origanum
- ¼ tsp paprika
- pepper and coarse salt
- 4 sirloin or steaks, 1kg (each 2,5cm thick)
- Prepare grill or braai for direct grilling on medium-high. Fit wire rack into suitable baking tray.
- Prepare herb sauce: in a food processor or blender combine parsley, coriander and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar, origanum, paprika, and ⅛ teaspoon each black pepper and salt. Pulse to blend.
- Pat steaks dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over steaks. Immediately place on grill or braai; cook for 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or until done to your taste, turning over every 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir any meat juices into herb sauce. Slice steak and serve with sauce.