- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- small handful fresh parsley
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season well. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry steaks for 5 to 6 minutes for medium meat (cook for longer or shorter, as desired), turning once. Transfer steaks to a board, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest.
- Heat the remaining oil in the empty steak pan; fry mushrooms for 8 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; fry for 1 minute more, then stir in crème fraîche, mustard and parsley. Warm through (thin with water if you like) and season to taste. Serve steaks topped with the sauce, alongside a green salad.
Each Serving About 1 800kJ, 18g fat (8g saturated), 5g carbohydrate (3g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter