- 125g tomato sauce
- 1½ tbsp soya sauce
- 1½ tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1,5kg individual uncooked pork spare ribs
- 250g basmati rice
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large roasting tin with a double layer of foil. In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients. Add the ribs to the bowl and stir to coat completely, then empty the ribs and glaze into the lined roasting tin and spread out evenly.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover, then turn the ribs and return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until they’re dark and sticky, turning them in glaze occasionally. (Most of the liquid should have evaporated.)
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet, adding the kidney beans for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well and stir in the coriander. Serve the rice with the ribs and a green salad.
EACH SERVING 1877kJ, 7g fat (3g saturated), 82g carbohydrates (16g total sugars)