Recipe IngredientsFOR THE BASE
- 280g butter, at room temperature and soft
- 400g cake flour
- 160g castor sugar
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 120g desiccated coconut
- cold water, to bind
- 300g strawberry jam
- 350g strawberries, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 90g sugar
- 120g rolled oats
- 75g flaked almonds
- 30g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the base: place the butter and flour in a bowl and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the castor sugar, baking powder and desiccated coconut, and mix to combine.
- Add a splash of cold water to bring the mixture together and gather into a dough.
- Remove from the bowl and press into the base of a 20 x 30cm slice tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool.
- For the filling: spread the jam over the cooled base and top with the sliced berries.
- To make the topping: in a food mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the oats, flaked almonds and coconut to the egg and sugar mixture. Fold to combine and pour over base and filling.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the top is golden. Set aside to cool in the tin.
- To serve, remove from the tin and cut into squares or slices.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter