- 2 spinach leaves, washed and deveined (white part removed)
- chicken-breast fillet with inner fillet attached
- 30g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp roasted red peppers (optional)
- oil, for frying
- 3 to 4 rashers of bacon (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To blanch the spinach, place it in boiling salted water
- and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and place in cold water immediately to stop the cooking process, then chop.
- Place the chicken on a table surface with the inner fillet facing up.
- Fold the inner fillet open and, with a sharp, pointed knife, cut a pocket into the thick breast part of the fillet.
- Mix the feta, chopped spinach and peppers, if using. Season with salt and pepper, and stuff the fillet pocket.
- Cover the fillet with a piece of clingwrap and very gently flatten out the inner fillet using a glass with a flat base.
- Fold the inner fillet over the pocket to cover the stuffing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little oil to a medium-hot pan and gently sear the outside of the breast.
- If you’re using bacon, place it on a flat surface. Place the chicken on top and wrap the bacon around it. Ensure the bacon is overlapping.
- Place the chicken in the pan, starting with the overlapping bacon side. Sear and allow the bacon to cook together. Sear all around.
- Complete the cooking in an oven preheated to 180˚C for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter