- 4 thick pork-loin steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 75g blue cheese (we used Gorgonzola)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 ripe pears
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut a pocket into each steak from the side to the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through. Fill each with a quarter of the blue cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the pork steaks for 5 minutes until brown, turning once.
- Transfer steaks to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Set the empty frying pan aside.
- Meanwhile, peel, quarter and core the pears. Put the frying pan back over medium heat and fry the pears (adding a little water if the pan looks too dry). Cook until golden. Set aside.
- Serve pork steaks with pears and seasonal vegetables or a green salad.
Each serving About 1 400kJ, 15g fat (8g saturated), 16g carbohydrate (16g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter