We first saw Lisa Raleigh on TV as a team trainer on The Biggest Loser South Africa and she is now the wellness consultant on SABC3’s Expresso. She is expecting
her first child and has just launched Mumentoes, an online platform.
1½ cups cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
½ cup bran
40g butter or coconut
1 large egg
½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and xylitol together, then add the bran.
3. Rub the butter or oil into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Mix the egg and milk together, then add it to the dry ingredients, forming a soft but not
5. On a floured surface, roll and pat the mixture into roughly 2cm by 6cm rounds.
6. Place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are a light golden brown