- 1 cup barley
- 2 medium peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1½ cups corn
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves (ribs removed)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat grill on medium-high. Cook 1 cup barley as label directs. Toss 2 medium peppers, seeded and quartered, with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season 600g sirloin steaks with ½ tsp salt. Grill steak and peppers, covered, for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until steak is cooked as desired and peppers are charred. Chop peppers.
- Toss barley with peppers, 1½ cups corn, 4 cups chopped kale leaves (ribs removed), ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil and ¾ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice steak; serve over barley. Serves 6.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 760kJ, 27g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 19g fat (5g saturated), 5g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter