- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large red-skin potatoes, chopped
- 1,9ℓ vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 425g cooked haricot beans (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp pepper
- In an 8ℓ pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium. Add 2 medium carrots, chopped; 1 medium leek, thinly sliced; 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together; and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring.
- Add 3 large red-skin potatoes, chopped, and 1,9ℓ vegetable or chicken stock. Partially cover and heat to boiling on high; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add 1 bunch asparagus, sliced; simmer for 3 minutes or until tender. Discard thyme.
- Stir in 425g cooked haricot beans (optional); 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill; ¼ tsp salt; and ½ tsp pepper.
- GH HACK: Slice asparagus in seconds: leaving stalks rubber-banded together, trim ends and cut through the bunch with a few strokes.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 380kJ, 7g protein, 62g carbohydrate, 7g fat (1g saturated), 7g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter